Happy Fat Tuesday

So here is a little information about my family history. My family is from New Orleans, Louisiana. My mother is African American, Indian and French and my father is African American. And as a child I can recall going to the mardi gras every year. We would have the week off from school. My great aunt’s, my mom, and cousins would make hot dogs, hamburgers, and bring chips, drinks. Then we would pack up around six in the morning and head out to the French quarter and Bounded Street. We would go to our regular spot. My aunt have been going to this spot for a very long time 40 plus years. :--) (God Bless Her Soul)

Then we would go to Up Town New Orleans and look at the Indians dance in the street. The Indian clothing would be beautiful full of colors. The parade would so many floats 100 plus. They would also have cheer leaders and marching bands from different school in New Orleans. It was a joyful time. 
It made me want to do something to remind me of New Orleans.

The apartments that my family live in did a mardi gras party and my girls and I had the chance to make mardi gras masks and they are so cute. Be on the lookout for my mardi gras scrap page.

Another thing I remember as a kid is we would take our beads and make key chains, snakes, crosses and much more. For my craft today I did the mask and the key chain ------->





 Done By: Terrion My 8 years Old

 Done By: Me and Liana (My 2 year Old)

This is the Key Chain By Me

Thanks So Much For Stoping By--- Pass the Word On About My Blog

Happy Scrapbooking

Comments

Unknown said…
Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog. I like the masks you made.

Blessings,
Carol
lovemypaper said…
Very nice masks love the color you girls did a good job!

Popular Posts