The Crafty Moms 8/11/13


Hello Everyone!!!
 An'Jenic here to share a The Crafty Moms post with you all. 

A few days ago I Skype a good friend of mine. Her kid and mine were in First and Second grade together. They have been best friend every since.  And so has us parents. We would always join them for special holidays. We talked about a lot of the good times we all had. And my friend is the reason why I started crafting.  Any way we begin to talk about getting our Christmas cards done and the girls talked about making cards for each other. How exciting that would be. 

So you know what I did a Christmas card. 

The funny thing is we have a park right outside our back yard and early this morning. The neighborhood kids were singing Jingle Bells. 
 I think all the little kids are ready for Christmas. Lol!! 

So as I begin my card I received my weekly email from CAS(E) this Sketch:  
Here's the beautiful sketch I followed. 
I really like the way this turned out. For the base I used Kraft and the layer is Pure Poppy by Paper Trey Ink. For the creaked back ground I masked it off so that I could get it stamped in the right place. I used Pearl embossing powder by Recollection. The stamp used is called "Cracked Hello" stamp by Mark's Finest Papers. The cute sentiment stamp is from a upcoming release called Joyous Season by Mark's Finest Papers.  I really like the way this card turned out. 

Challenge:
Word Art Wednesday: Anything Go

That's all I have for you all this week. 
Be sure to stop by MFP Ning site to see what Angela has created for you all. 

Comments

Greta said…
Love that sketch, but never thought to make a Christmas card with it. Your card is gorgeous! Thanks for the inspiration!
Great Christmas card!!
Angela
Mary Ann said…
Beautiful card!!!Love it!!!
You are SO creative, AJ. I always enjoy seeing all that you've been making, and often wish we could sit in the craft room together and GAB and create! Hope you're having a great week, and thanks SO MUCH for sharing with us. May God bless you, your family, and just give you a great week filled with His blessings. Thanks so much for sharing.
Karen
Word Art Wednesday
Kim S said…
I LOVE this! The negative dies with that wood look in the background - festive AND rustic!! Thank you for joining us at CAS(E) this Sketch!

Popular Posts